Wednesday 20 May 2009

Stars and Squares

This is what I have been doing with my granny squares while watching TV in the evenings:



I have added one or two rounds in cream coloured wool so they are all about the same size. I have more than 10 squares waiting for the extra rounds, and I will be making new squares as well.

I have also been sewing a little, adding to this pile of my 6" Maverick Star blocks.


You may remember the Shadow Plaid quilt pattern I wanted to make? I started cutting squares for it so I could use the leftover scraps from those shirts for the Maverick stars. Time for the Shadow Plaid is maybe in the autumn. I need dark, medium and light plaids, hundreds of squares for the triangles. It is going to be so much fun.




These are some of the newest stars I made.



You may also remember that I made a star quilt top for the Bushfire Quilt Project earlier this year. Last weekend Tia organized a quilting bee to finish quilts from the blocks and tops she was sent from all over the world. You can read here about it. My top must have been among the most exotic ones, because she gave it so much publicity.

We are having a long weekend now, but I hope to get something sewn as well.

4 comments:

  1. The quilt top you donated is gorgeous! How wonderful to have an autumn project already planned. Oh I can't wait to get busy making lots of grannies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that cream sashing between the granny squares just make them pop right out. LOVELY!
    And I can see why she featured your star quilt.. it turned out fabulous! I looked at all the pictures. You must be very happy.. and I am proud to be your friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hia Ulla, my you have been so busy!

    The cream on the granny squares really brings out the colours.

    Your stars are looking wonderful too. I know what you mean about getting excited to start a new project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brushfire quilt is wonderful, Ulla! You have been very busy making more stars I see, and I just love the colors of your granny squares!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi