Thursday 1 April 2010

VTT 11 - Spring Hats

Dear Ladies, it is finally April, and Easter is this weekend. Have you made or bought a new spring hat already? Here is some inspiration from my fashion magazines.


The coat pattern is also available. Or what about this one:


 

The next one is in colour, probably an advertisement so no pattern is available:

  


I would love to have her blouse any day! Here is the last hat. The magazine if from Feberuary 1st 1907, and you will need time to find the materials and make the hat before you can wear it.

 
I hope you enjoyed the fashion show and will be inspired to wear nice hats for spring. For me the warmer weather means I can forget about wearing anything on my head, but now I still have to live with the fact that without a beret I will catch cold or at least feel very uncomfortable.

This was my post for Vintage Thingies Thursday, hosted by Suzanne at Coloradolady. Go there and see what all the nice people have found in their cupboards, attics or thrift shops for this week. Happy Easter everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow how fashions have changed. Hubby would love it if formal hats for men were back in fashion. I remember a book of my Grandmother's havign things like birds in the hair and it all piled like a nest on top. So fascinating for a child. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very high society. Love old magazines, especially the advertisements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be funny if women started wearing hats like that again. Actually the ones you showed look pretty tame compared to some of the more elaborate old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely fashion show! the hats are wonderful. And thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love the old fashion magazines and patterns. Happy VTT!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hats on these ladies! I admire hats on other people, but I am not a hat person myself. Maybe I just haven't found the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hats, no one wears them to church anymore BUT I'm in the Red Hat Society so I get to wear one once a month to meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love,love,love this post..and I so love the hats. They're just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing these,I love looking through old magazines and catalogs. Happy VTT..have a most wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hats but always look like a dork wearing them. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post. I think we should wear Easter hats! How fun and don't forget the white gloves too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Easter,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great vintage designs for hats, I am sure this Sunday, you will still see lots of hats in church! Great post...have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hats! They really went all out then, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely hats...the only folks I see nowadays are the British Royal family and social circle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Happy Easter - I'll be playing along at VTT starting next week ... see you then ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi