Thursday 11 July 2013

TdF 11 and 12 - I'll never be up to date!

It seems that I spend too much time watching the Tour on TV, because I'm always a day late with my posting! Anyway, the central panel for Kaaren's Happy Scrappy Spring is now done. I just need to make the quilt blocks for this row now, before putting it aside to wait for the applique.
 

Today I started the July stitchery, a cute little chick with an umbrella and rubber boots.

 
I have been machine quilting the Peek-a-Boo Street quilt, hoping to get the binding as my hand sewing project during the Tour. Bindings are such a dull job that they require some TV watching. The backing is a smoky blue flannel.

 
Here you have a glimpse of my new flowerbed with a malva just opening its first flowers. The background is a part of Mr. K's 5 year plan waiting for its turn.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty pink flower. I envy your machine quilting. I tend to get puckers in the back of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have 5-year plans. I think with some quilts I'm also on that plan. I love using flannel on the backs of quilts. They are so soft and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you're late at all, Ulla! You've done some wonderful work so far. What a pretty Mallow and I can't wait to see what Mr. K has in mind!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your centre stitchery is gorgeous and I love the chick in boots...
    5 year plans can be good??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty stitcheries and a sweet flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi