Saturday 14 December 2013

Folded stars


Yesterday I was crafting something my DD showed me on line. Here is the link to a mother and daughter (both very young ones!) crafting together: Pysselbolaget. Scroll further down and you will find the instructions in English as well. I folded a Post-it note while going through the pictures and instructions and it was easy to learn all the folds at once. The most difficult part was to get the hole in the middle as round as possible. Finding the glue was not easy either.
I used gift wrapping paper and my quilting tools (the old rotary cutter!), and I cut my squares 7 cm or 2 3/4" . Tiny squares are more difficult to fold. This is a traditional origami and you can find the instructions on many sites.

Have fun crafting, with or without daughter. My daughter's beautiful stars are here.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link. I will show my paper loving daughter. Your daughter's blog/photos/paper projects are so lovely. I think you did an amazing job keeping a round center. Have fun playing with paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attempt at the star is perfect, Ulla! I would have lots of bright ones around the house to cheer you up during the dark days of the season! You're daughter's are beautiful, too and her photographs are gorgeous!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration and the link. Kajia's site and her work is always delightful.
    Your stars are a wonderful collaboration between you aand your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi